From responsible sourcing to price matching, we bring you delicious food and living supplies at great value. Whatever your food and home shopping needs, we are sure to supply. Come shop with us today!
Start shopping and saving
Ramish and Leela is one of Trinidad and Tobago’s landmark supermarket. Whatever your shopping needs, whether shopping for a party or formal event Ramish and Leela has it all.
Trinidad’s North largest supermarket is located on the Eastern Main Road, San Juan, just opposite the San Juan Fire station. Ample parking is available for our customers.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain converted or parboiled rice (not instant or quick rice)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cook the rice following the instructions on the package. This should take about 20 minutes. Pour the rice into a large bowl to let it cool.
- Scramble the eggs in a small pan over medium heat. Chop scrambled chunks of eggs into small pea sized bits with your spatula while cooking.
- When the rice has cooled, add the peas, carrot, eggs, and onion to the bowl. Carefully toss all of the ingredients together.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan over medium/high heat.
- When the butter has completely melted, dump the rice mixture into the pan and add soy sauce plus a dash of salt and pepper. Cook the rice mixture for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring often.
Note: Make this recipe Vegetarian by removing the eggs.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 hot pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili
- 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh or dried)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chive
- Juice of 1 lime (optional)
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced (optional)
Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and stir in the ground beef. Cook and stir until the beef is crumbly, evenly browned, and no longer pink. Drain and discard any excess grease; set beef aside.
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently, until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in quinoa, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, hot pepper and 1-2 cups water, making sure to cover most of the ingredients; season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Add cooked ground beef, simmer, covered, until thickened. Stir in beans, corn, cilantro, parsley and lime juice, if using, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Top with chive.
Serve immediately with avocado, if desired.
Note: Make this meal vegetarian by removing the beef.